9 oz. minced pork with fat
1/2 1b. bread
1 tablespoon cornflour in 2 tablespoons water
1.1/2 tablespoons soya sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon gourmet powder
1 tablespoon cooking wine
3 teaspoons minced scallion
2 teaspoons minced ginger root
4 cups peanut oil (consumption about 8%)
a dash of pepper
1) Cut off crust of bread. Chop the inner part into very fine crumbs. Spread these on a dish.
2) Put minced pork in a pot, adding cornflour solution. Break egg on it, and mix well with the other seasonings - soya sauce, gourmet powder, cooking wine, minced scallion and ginger, and pepper - until it becomes a firm and sticky mixture. Shape this into 3/4-inch balls and then coat each ball evenly with breadcrumbs.
3) Heat frying pan on fire. Pour in peanut oil and when this begins to smoke, slide in the meatballs. Fry till they become a golden brown. Drain and serve on a plate.
(1) The breadcrumbs should be very small. Or else the fried meatballs will not be as crisp as they should be, or they may be underdone inside.
(2) The breadcrumbs, after frying, will be glittering like pearls. As they are crisp and flavory in the mouth, they will enhance the delicious taste of the meatballs, making the dish a favorite with drinks.