9 oz. minced fat pork
3 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
2 teaspoons cornflour in 1 tablespoon water
1.1/2 tablespoons soya sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon gourmet powder
1 tablespoon cooking wine
1 tablespoon minced scallion
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
4 cups peanut oil (consumption about 7%)
a pinch of pepper
1) Put minced pork in a pot and add cornflour solution, egg, soya sauce, salt, gourmet powder, cooking wine, minced scallion and ginger, and pepper. Mix well until this becomes sticky.
2) Pick out impurities, if any, from sesame and spread it on a dish. Shape seasoned mince into 3/4-inch balls and coat them evenly with sesame seeds.
3) Heat peanut oil in frying pan. When this bubbles, fry meatballs till golden brown and serve.
(1) The meatballs should be of a limited size. If too large, they may be under-cooked inside whereas the sesame becomes burnt.
(2) "Walnut Meatballs" and "Almond Meatballs" may also be made by following the same recipe. The only difference is that during the preparation instead of sesame, use walnut meat or almonds, chopped fine into small pieces the size of rice grains, to coat the meatballs before frying.